Play Baccarat Online
A long-time casino mainstay, baccarat features some of the best odds in the house and is simple to play. A favorite especially of high-rollers, it’s a must-try for online gamblers. On this page, we’re going to tell you a little about how to play baccarat online, where to play it, and why you should. After you’ve finished reading, we know you’re going to be itching to find somewhere to play. We recommend you try the game out for yourself at one of our recommended casinos offering baccarat game online or on our free baccarat game at the bottom.
Sites to Play Baccarat
Betway casino offers a huge $1500 total welcome bonus, 400+ gamesBetway Review
Try Jackpot City casino and get Amazing welcome bonus of $1600Jackpot City Review
Royal Vegas offers $1200 in welcome bonuses and 1M progressive jackpotRoyal Vegas Review
Ruby fortune is offering $750 welcome bonus + 15 progressive jackpots.Ruby Fortune Review
Spin Palace gives out a great $1000 sign-up bonus + over 400 casino gamesSpin Palace Review
Check out all slots offer of $1600 for all Canadian players.All Slots Review
$1,500 extra for first 5 deposits + VIP cash for points worth $1000888 Casino Review
Why Play Baccarat
Many people play the game because they see it in movies and want to experience the glamour portrayed. But, the main reason players choose baccarat over other games is for its simplicity.
Best Odds in the House: All casino games have some type of house advantage — the casino wouldn’t offer the game if it couldn’t make it profitable. But while some games have terrible odds, baccarat actually offers the lowest edge in the casino, just a bit better than what you’ll find in blackjack or craps.
Simple to Play: Unlike blackjack or craps, baccarat is easy to play and hard to screw up. Players have three options, and decision making is very easy.
How to Play Baccarat
- Place your bet: Players have to decide if they want to bet with the players, the banker or on a tie.
- The cards are dealt: Two hands are dealt, one for the players and one for the banker, with each hand including two cards.
- Determine a winner: Aces are worth 1, the 2-9 cards are worth their own value and 10s and face cards are worth 0. The player and banker sum their cards, and the value of their hand is equal to the digit in the far-right column of that sum — for example, if the player is dealt an 8 and a 7, his sum is 15 but his value is 5. The goal is to get as close to 9 as possible.
Payouts in Baccarat
- Betting with the player will get even money.
- The banker will also get even money, minus a casino fee.
- A tie pays either 8-1 or 9-1, depending on house rules.
The house edge when betting on the banker is 1.06%, the safest bet in the casino.
Playing Baccarat Online
Playing online is especially fun because players can play more hands more quickly. There is a lot of shuffling and other elements that can slow baccarat down in real life, but because of the instantaneous nature of online casinos, those restrictions are lifted.
Newcomers: If you are new to the game, or casino games in general, you can test out the game online. Almost every casino has a free flash baccarat offering. Most sites let you play for free to learn the rules and basics of the game. Taking advantage of this is beneficial for newcomers. See our list of free casino games.
Pro Players: If you’re a seasoned pro, playing online can have major benefits. For one, you can play more hands per hour, which means more money can be won. Second, you can save a little cash without having to tip waitresses, dealers, etc., while playing online, keeping a little extra scratch in your pocket.
Top 5 Tips for Online Baccarat
- While the payoff for correctly betting on a tie is big, the odds are still not in your favor. Don’t waste your cash betting on a split decision.
- The safest bet is always to bet on the banker.
- Seek out casinos with smaller house edges. While the standard commission charged on banker bets is 5%, some houses do charge less.
- Don’t get caught up chasing patterns in past outcomes. The odds are the same for every hand.
- Don’t chase your losses. If you catch a bad run, step away and find something else to play for a while. It just may not be your day.
Baccarat is one of the oldest card game around. It’s a thrill to play and a wise investment, too, with one of the smallest house edges in the casino. Online versions of the game offer the chance to enjoy all its excitement while playing more hands than a brick-and-mortar casino can handle. The game is also a favorite among gamblers who play on smartphones or tablets, as casino apps have also generated exciting baccarat games.
Now that you have your basics covered, be sure to check out the baccarat offerings at our recommended casinos table!