Whichever casino you choose – Leo vegas, Jackpot city or any other – you’re likely to be wowed by all of the available banking options, from credit and debit cards to e-wallets, bank transfer services and more. While all these payment methods have their benefits, Canadian casino players prefer using eCheck for it’s simplicity and ease of use.
Online Casinos with eCheck Deposit Bonuses
The casinos below give you exclusive bonuses for funding your casino account with eCheck. These are the best of the best, when it comes to online casinos in Canada!
$1000 Welcome Bonus for eCheck Deposits!LeoVegas Review
Use eCheck & Get $1600 Free!Jackpot City Review
$1200 Welcome Package with eCheck!Royal Vegas Review
$1000 Bonus + 50 Free Spins for eCheck Deposits!Platinum Play Review
$1000 Bonus for eCheck Deposits!Spin Palace Review
Use eCheck & Collect a $2000 Welcome Bonus!Dunder Casino Review
What is eCheck?
Short for ‘electronic check’ (electronic cheque for us Canadians), paying with eCheck is as easy as writing a regular cheque, but everything is done online and you use a digital signature. To take advantage of this convenient digital banking method the next time you visit an online casino, just ask your bank to sign you up for an eCheck account.
How to Sign Up for an eCheck Casino Account
To get started you’ll need an account with financial institution that accommodates eCheck banking, as well as casino that accepts such transactions. Then all you have to do when you visit an online casino like Royal Vegas, is link your bank account to your casino account – it’s as easy as that!
To see how it works, have a look at this tutorial video on eCheck payment processes.
Making Deposits and Withdrawals with eCheck
Funding your casino account with with eCheck is simple, and only takes a few quick and easy steps:
- Select eCheck as your banking method – When you sign up at an online casino like Spin Palace, you’ll be asked to select this payment method from a drop-down list.
- Enter your banking details – You’ll need to provide specific information, exactly as it appears on the bottom of your paper cheque. This includes your routing number (on the left), account number (in the middle), and in some cases, the number of the check being used (on the right). If the check number is requested, then remember to void it in your paper cheque book. Don’t worry about providing this information – online casinos have the best safety and security measures in place to protect your data and identity.
- Enter a deposit amount – Simply fill in the appropriate field with how much you wish to deposit and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Wait for approval – As this is a similar process to using a normal cheque, your bank needs to authorize your payment to the online casino. This can take between 2-5 business days, depending on your bank, and whether or not you have enough funds in your account to clear the check.
As with any other online deposit method, you need to provide some form of ID – a driver’s license, a copy of a utility bill or a copy of your credit card (for proof of your account number) – to verify your identity. After that, the casino should approve your deposit, leaving you ready to hit the casino floor with your cash in tow.
eCheck withdrawals are handled in much the same way:
- Go to the cashier service of the online casino.
- Select ‘Withdrawal’ and choose ‘eCheck’.
- Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw and click ‘Submit’.
There will be a pending period during which the casino processes your withdrawal. The time it takes usually to process your transaction depends on your bank, but it should never take more than a 2 to 5 working days.
Keep in mind, while all of our recommended casinos accept electronic checks for deposits, not all of them will process withdrawals with this method. If this is the case, you can still withdraw your winnings using a different payment method.
Benefits of Paying with eCheck
Convenience is key when gambling online, and when you use eCheck, playing is always just a few easy steps away. While other methods require players to sign up for intermediary third-party services and jump through hoops, eCheck users can quickly get their money onto the casino floor.
There are other benefits too:
- Unlimited amount of transactions.
- Lower transaction and processing fees than credit or debit cards.
- Faster processing than credit card, debit card and paper cheque transactions.
Online Casinos in Canada that Accept eCheck
As a preferred payment method for many a discerning player, eCheck is accepted by most reputable online casinos these days. Some casinos even offer up special bonuses (in addition to the full welcome bonus package), to players who decide to use this banking method to make deposits. To find all of the best offers, read our casino reviews, or start playing right away by joining any of our top picks for online casinos that accept eChecks in Canada in the table below.
Additional Tips About eCheck
Although the process is pretty straightforward, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Check your account limits – when applying for an eCheck account, your bank account will be assessed, and to determine your limit for sending money. You’ll receive a monthly limit and a per-transaction limit from your financial institution.
- Protect your password – as your eCheck account is directly linked to your bank account, having your password fall into the wrong hands will give direct access to your sensitive financial information. Keep your personal login details in a safe and secure place.
- Be patient – payments will not be processed and cleared instantly, unlike other forms of traditional banking methods.
The Pros and Cons of eChecks
As with any payment method, eChecks have several advantages and disadvantages to using them:
- Processing fees are much lower than credit card fees.
- You don’t need a credit card or debit card to use eCheck.
- Payment transaction can be cancelled within 60 days by notifying your bank.
- It can take between 2 to 5 working days to process your transactions.
- eChecks can bounce if you don’t have sufficient funds in your bank account.
- Some casinos don’t accept eCheck, but the ones we recommend definitely do!
FAQs About eCheck
The eCheck banking method supplies you with everything you desire when it comes to making deposits and withdrawals online. It’s amongst the most secure methods available, and provides that security without bogging you down with multiple web forms and ID checks. It’s also a very easy method for folks who aren’t the savviest of web users, or just can’t be bothered signing up for all sorts of accounts and services. Plus, since it easily operates in CAD, it’s totally Canadian-friendly. All you need is your online checkbook and a few short minutes.