Banking with PayPal is a popular and reliable method for making deposits or withdrawing winnings at online casinos. With PayPal transactions are processed quickly and securely, making it a great option for online gamblers.
Our most recommended PayPal casinos for 2017
Leo Vegas offers deposits & withdrawal by Pay pal with a huge $1000 welcome bonus.LeoVegas Review
You can withdraw and deposit via PayPal with great $1600 Welcome BonusJackpot City Review
Casino Room offers $1300 in Welcome Bonuses for CA PayPal playersCasino Room Review
Spinit casino is giving the paypal players great $1000 bonusSpinit Review
Casinoland accepts PayPal for deposits and withdrawals with $800 sign-up bonusCasinoland Review
$2000 welcome bonus in Secure PayPal paymentsDunder Casino Review
We recommend the above casinos to players in Canada looking to make deposits and withdrawals with PayPal. We reviewed these gambling sites based on available bonuses, high quality games, secure banking, excellent customer support, and fair gaming results. You can expect the highest standards from these PayPal Canada casinos.
Advantages to Using PayPal
Just as with any online banking methods, using the PayPal online payment method has several advantages and disadvantages:
Versatility: Widely accepted by most gambling sites, PayPal provides a great e-wallet that you can use at different casinos. Plan to spend your winnings on some new shoes or clothes? With PayPal, you can withdraw your cash and then head straight to your favouite online store.
Security: PayPal is also popular outside of the online gambling industry because the system uses high levels of security to protect customer financial information. Few other online banks compare to PayPal in terms of safety, which makes banking at a casino with PayPal a trustworthy option.
Reputation: PayPal has a stellar reputation as a reliable online banking system. Used in many industries besides online gaming, Many people use PayPal outside of the online gambling industry, the company has received high customer satisfaction ratings for its secure, fast transactions.
Ease of use: It’s so easy to make deposits and withdrawals with PayPal, especially when you consider that there’s no difficult to remember details involved – all you need to remember is your email address and your PayPal password – as well as sign up for PayPal Canada..
Speed: Most of the time – depending on a few circumstances – online casino PayPal deposits are instant. You don’t have to wait for your funds to be transferred and cleared, as with some other online payment methods.
Extra bonuses: As PayPal gambling is so popular, and is beneficial to both casino and player, most online casinos offer extra, cash bonuses for players who make deposits with PayPal. It’s worth checking out how much extra you could get at your chosen online casino, just for depositing with PayPal.
Fees for withdrawals: At some online casinos, players are charged fees for withdrawing with PayPal – it’s best to check if your selected online casino will charge you a fee for making a PayPal withdrawal before requesting one.
Not all casinos accept PayPal: It might seem strange, in this day and age, but not all online casinos currently accept PayPal as a banking method – yet. This all looks set to change as PayPal becomes even more popular in the online gaming world – it’s already taken the non-gaming world by storm.
How to Sign Up for a Paypal Account
- Go to https://www.paypal.com
- Choose to open a “Personal” or “Business” account
- Select your country
- Enter your email address
- Create a password
- Click “Continue”
- Complete the form and enter the CAPTCHA
- Confirm that you have read the User Agreement
- Click “Agree and Create Account”
How to Use Paypal
Using PayPal is a simple yet secure way to make online deposits and withdrawals. You can use your PayPal account as an e-wallet unconnected to credit cards or bank accounts, or you can link your account to an online casino account.
Depositing with PayPal: Players need to fund their PayPal account before visiting a casino. Once at the casino, making a deposit is easy. For example, at Euro Palace, you simply need to select PayPal from the list of available banking methods on the deposit page.
Here’s how you deposit with PayPal at other online casinos, step by step:
- Go to the casino lobby, or banking page.
- Select ‘Deposit’.
- Choose ‘PayPal’ as your selected deposit method.
- Put in the amount you’d like to deposit with PayPal, and click the button (this could say ‘Enter’, ‘Submit’ or something else.
- You’ll be redirected to PayPal. Do NOT close the page, or your deposit won’t go through.
- Onçe the page redirects, you’ll be asked to confirm the transaction. Once you do, you’ll be redirected again, back to the casino page this time.
- Your transaction will be confirmed by the casino, and your funds will most likely appear as instantly credited to your account. You’re now ready to start playing!
A few things to note:
- Deposits with PayPal will usually instantly credit to your account. If this doesn’t happen, you might need to check your available bank balance, or contact your bank or the online casino you’re trying to deposit at.
- Your PayPal deposit will be sped up if you’ve already verified your identity with PayPal – this usually requires you to upload some form of ID – you’ll be told by PayPal what you need to do and how – and is a one-time requirement.
Withdrawing with PayPal: Withdrawing is just as simple. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the casino’s lobby or banking page.
- Select ‘Withdrawal’ (or something similar).
- Choose ‘PayPal’ as your chosen withdrawal method (this is where you need to check if your selected online casino accepts Paypal withdrawals or not – if they don’t, this won’t be given as an option).
- If they do, enter the amount you’d like to withdraw.
- You’ll be redirected to Paypal, and asked to confirm all details. Once you do, you’ll be redirected back to the online casino’s page and given a confirmation of your withdrawal.
A few things you need to know about withdrawing your winnings with PayPal are:
- Unfortunately, withdrawals are NOT instant. Because the casino needs time to process the requested withdrawal funds, the requested amount can take between 1-7 business days to appear in your account. This is mostly due to the casino’s processing times, so the faster this is, the quicker you’ll receive your Paypal withdrawal.
- Again, you’ll likely need to verify your ID before making your first withdrawal with PayPal – they’ll guide you on how to do this, and what you need – it’s usually a one-time requirement.
Additional Tips About Using PayPal
Making PayPal deposits and withdrawals at online casinos is an incredibly straightforward process – but there are a few tips you should know, to make the process run even smoother and quicker:
- Make sure your email address leads to an active email account: as your PayPal account uses an email address, to register your PayPal account and verify your ID (not to mention receive notifications about your activity and funds), it’s best to have an in-use email account.Additionally – keep your password secure! If it falls into the wrong hands, you’ve left your sensitive financial information very easily accessible.
- Choose how you’d like to link PayPal: PayPal is so versatile, you can choose to either link your PayPal to withdraw funds straight from your bank account…or even from your credit card. If you choose to link it to your credit card, you have to make sure that the card in question allows for online payments.
- Make sure you have verified your ID, and you have funds: As mentioned above, the whole deposit and withdrawals process goes much, much quicker each and every time if you’ve verified your ID with PayPal. That and you need to have minimum $2 available in order to verify your funds – this amount will be returned to you once the verification process is complete.
FAQs about PayPal Banking
Even though it’s pretty well-known worldwide, you may still have questions about using online casino PayPal deposits and withdrawals:
Do I need to open a PayPal account to make casino deposits?
Yes , you do – it’s free to open a Paypal account, and very quick and straightforward to do. Go to paypal.com to register.
Is PayPal free to use?
To register an account with PayPal, it’s completely free – some online casinos may charge a fee for making a PayPal withdrawal, but also, you may receive bonuses for using PayPal as your deposit method.
Who accepts PayPal? Do all online casinos accept PayPal transactions?
Unfortunately not. It’s a shame, but not every online casino uses PayPal as an accepted deposit or withdrawal method – and some may only accept one or the other. If you’re set on using PayPal as your online casino banking method, it’s best to check which casinos accept it – scroll up to our handy table for more information.
Are payments instant?
For deposits, yes, you will see your funds from Paypal credited instantly to your account. For withdrawals, as these need to be processed and approved by the casino first, it can take between 1 – 7 business days before you’ll see your money – but this depends on the casino, not PayPal.
Is PayPal safe and secure?
PayPal is protected by industry-leading technology, keeping all of your details safe. It’s also able to detect fraudulent transactions, but it’s the level of guaranteed privacy and security which PayPal is best known for. It’s one of the most secure eWallets on the market today.
Can I use Paypal when playing on mobile?
If the online casino offers you the option, then yes. Remember that not all online casinos accept PayPal as a deposit or withdrawal method, so it’s best to check that your mobile casino allows for PayPal transactions beforehand.
Are there any fees for using PayPal?
Generally, no – but this applies to the casino your depositing or withdrawing at. There may be some fees for withdrawing using Paypal, as well as any fees for currency conversions (if applicable).
How does PayPal compare to other payment methods?
PayPal is one of the oldest online eWallet banking methods out there, having been around since the early 2000s. Other digital wallets followed in PayPal’s footsteps, and each have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages. However, since it’s been around so long, you’re guaranteed that PayPal knows what it’s doing, and is an established, secure company – and other eWallets might have some catching up to do.
Can my payment bounce?
In some cases, your payment will be refused if you don’t have enough funds in your account. It’s best to check with your bank regarding this.
Can I request a withdrawal with Paypal, if I used a different deposit method?
This is up to the casino – some online casinos will allow players to use two different methods for deposits and withdrawals, while others will say players have to use the same method for both depositing and withdrawing – it’s best to check what your online casino allows.
PayPal is a stellar banking option. The site is incredibly versatile and fits the needs of many different players. Users have the option to pull money from credit or debit cards, connect directly to bank accounts or use funds that already exists online. After that, depositing and withdrawing money to and from casinos is incredibly easy and secure. If you’re unsure which method is best for you, either consult our payment methods page or just go for PayPal. It’s a great way to get started at any of our recommended PayPal casinos.