Playing Online Slots
Playing slot machines online is a great little time-waster when you’re bored – and it’s a great way to potentially win some serious cash! Slots are fun and fast, with plenty of different games to play and even more prizes to be won.
There’s no doubt that you’ll have a great time at our favourite online slots casinos for Canadians! Play for free, or place a couple of bucks on a promising game – the choice is yours!
Keep reading to get spinning and winning today.
How to Play Online Slot Machines
Canadians from all over the country love a good old slot game, and for good reason: they’re fun to play, easy to learn and it’s especially easy to get started!
- Choose a game – Once you’ve chosen an online casino, just have a browse through and pick a game that catches your eye. Or you could get started by taking a look at our best online slot games for Canadians. If the casino offers it, check out if you can play for free so that you can get to grips with different games before making a real bet.
- Read the instructions – For newbies, slot games can appear a little confusing at first. Click the ‘i’ or ‘?’ button of the game before you start spinning, to understand how the paytable works and what you need to do to win.
- Place a bet – Choose how many chips/coins you’re willing to wager per line, as well as how many lines you want to play. These will be added together to give you your total bet amount. Just remember, the amount you win depends on how much you bet.
- Spin the reels – Click on the ‘Spin’ button to start and set the reels in motion. The Auto Play feature can also come in handy – check out our FAQ section for more on that.
- Prepare to win big – If you’re lucky the game will highlight the winning reels and automatically adding any winnings to your account.
Play Online Slots for Real Money
When it comes to online slots, we all know free is fun, but real money – now we’re talking! Making a real money bet is the only way you can win real hard cash. But we bet you didn’t know you can grab free cash! Here are just a few things you can do to add a little extra to your bankroll:
- Welcome/Sign-up bonuses – By accepting a welcome bonus, you’ll have extra money in your pocket to play your favourite games. Seeing as most online casinos have a heavy focus on slots, and slot machines often contribute 100% towards bonus wagering requirements, playing slots is one of the best ways to use your bonus funds. Certain casinos such as Casino Room and Platinum Play offer free spins as a part of their welcome packages, so be on the lookout for them!
- Extra Free Spins – Everyone loves a good slots game – so a good online casino will have free spin offers as an incentive to get you logging in, depositing or trying your luck at a new game.
- Keep your winnings – Using the free play mode is great for getting used to the game, and yes, you won’t be risking any of your money, but remember, you also can’t keep any of your winnings. Playing for real money, you’ll get the opportunity to spin AND win – literally, you’ll get to keep all of those winnings.
- Take advantage of ongoing promotions – Keep your eyes peeled for prize giveaways, match deposits, or even free spins, and be sure to grab them when you can!
Free Spins and No-Deposit Slots
A free slot game can only be played in practice mode. You’ll have plenty of fun playing for free, but you won’t be able to win any cold hard cash.
But you can win real money when you play with a free spins bonus offer on certain games, like Tomb Raider and Thunderstruck II. So it’s a good idea to shop around and find the bonuses or online casino that offer the most free spins. Just be sure to always check the terms and conditions; free spins are sure to come with wagering requirements.
No-deposit slots can be played for free without making a deposit, just like free slot games, but with one important difference – you can win cash prizes too! Of course, these are subject to a few T&Cs, so read the fine print before you get overly excited about playing a no-deposit slot game.
Progressive Jackpot Slots
Looking for the chance to win a life-changing sum? Then look no further than progressive slots! Microgaming’s hit Mega Moolah, is one of the most popular progressive jackpots in Canada, it’s known for creating instant millionaires. Other top progressive games include Playtech’s new Age of the Gods series and the blockbuster Gladiator.
Online Mobile Slots
Mobile casinos are all the rage these days; and mobile slots are their flagship game. Pretty much all online casinos have web- or app-based versions of slot games designed for the full range of Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
- Web-based means no download is required. Simply visit the casino’s site in your mobile browser to start playing.
- A mobile app does require download, and will take up a bit of space on your mobile device. Some players, however, prefer this, as it makes access to the mobile casino easier.
- Tablet play is also an option, with most online slots casinos optimised for tablet play too.
A Glossary of Slot Terms
Like everything else about the game, the lingo that goes along with slots is pretty simple to learn. In fact, just about every slots term is entirely intuitive. But just in case you need a refresher, take a look at these most common slot terms:
- Max Bet – This is the maximum number of credits you can bet on any given machine, per spin. Most games will have a designated button marked ‘Max Bet’ to make it easier to bet the maximum amount allowed. If you want a chance at the game’s top payout, Max Bet is the way to go.
- Paylines – These are the lines on the machine, across which winning reel combinations must land.
- Line Bet – You can choose how many paylines you want to activate for each bet. Placing a Max Bet will activate all the paylines, which is what you’ll have to do to win the top prize.
- Scatter Symbols – The scatter symbol is usually one of the game’s highest paying symbols, and the key to unlocking any given game’s bonus features.
- Wild Symbol – This reel symbol often acts as a multiplier, or can serve as any given symbol to complete a winning combination.
- Multipliers – This bonus feature can be found on certain games. Hitting a multiplier will multiply your payout by up to 10x the designated amount.
- Payout – The amount you win for landing a particular winning combination.
- Paytable – The payout per winning combination is set in the paytable of each slot machine.
How We Review Our Slot Games
Like everything we do at Online Casinos Canada, we review each slot game with great care. That means, for each slot machine you read about, you can be sure we played it in both fun mode as well as real money mode; made bigger bets and smaller bets; paid attention to the payouts; checked out the paytable; and put together our overall impression of the graphics, sound and complete game play. In other words, we make sure our reviews are thorough so you can get a pretty good sense of what you’re getting into before you bet a single penny. We like to give it to you straight – after all, we’re here to help you choose a game you’ll love playing!
FAQs About Playing Slots Online
For everything slot-related which we might not have covered above, check out these frequently asked questions for all the answers you need.
If you’re looking for a quick escape and some good fast fun, slots are your game. With the potential for big payoffs, online slots are the perfect pastime for Canadian casino lovers, from Vancouver to St. John’s and everywhere in between!
Plus, there’s so much choice at virtually every online casino to keep you interested – and with new slots being released all the time, you’re more than likely to find something exciting to play (that is, if you’re not overwhelmed with choice).