Playing Online Slots
Playing slot machines, especially online, is a great way to pass the time and potentially win some serious CAD. Slots are quick, fun, and come in a huge variety, with all sorts of themes, payouts and styles to boot. Get started playing for free, or placing a few bucks on a promising game – whatever your choice, you’re going to have fun at our favourite online slots casinos for Canadians!
With so many different types of the best online slots to choose from, you’re bound to find a slot you’ll want to keep coming back to – and even if you don’t, there is a wealth of games to choose from. Read on to get spinning and winning today.
November 16-19, 2017: Weekend’s Slots News
Of all of the hundreds of games that Play’N Go has developed over the years, Aztec Warrior Princess is up there as one of their best. Available at Spinit with huge winnings and flexible ways to win, this new slot game has players addicted to its intriguing ancient Aztec icons. Alongside the likes of the dragon, jaguar, bald eagle, and strawberry poison dart frog, you’ll be rummaging along the ancient walls of this slot to uncover the Aztec Warrior Princess to unlock the bonus game – which can award up to 1000x your bet.
How to Play Online Slot Machines
Canadians from coast-to-coast love playing online slots, and with good reason: they’re simple to learn, fun to play and it’s so easy to get started!
- Choose a Game – Browse through the online casino of your choice to find a game you like, or have a look at our best online slot games for Canadians below to get started. If you’re feeling adventurous and your casino offers it, check out the games you can play for free – this way, you get to experience a few different games before making your choice of which to play. Each game has its own theme, number of paylines, and different payout tables.
- Read the Instructions – For new slots players (and even some experienced ones), slot games can look a little confusing at first. That’s why we always recommend that you click the ‘i’ or ‘?’ button on the game before you start playing. It’s the best way to find out how the paytable works and what you need to do to win.
- Place a Bet – You’ll need to choose how many lines you want to play, and how many coins/chips you want to wager per line (these are added together to give you the total amount of your bet). Remember, the amount you bet is reflected in the potential payout. The more you bet, the more you can win.
- Spin the Reels – Just click the ‘Spin’ button to set the reels in motion. You can also use the Autoplay feature, but more on that in our FAQ section.
- Get Ready to Win Big – If you’re lucky (and we certainly hope you are), you can win some serious cash playing online slots. Don’t worry if you aren’t great at the calculations – the game itself will show you if/and how you won, highlighting the winning reels and automatically adding your winnings to your account.
The Best Casinos To Play Online Slots
Check out our picks for the best online slots casinos for Canadian players in the list below, then click on the Casino to read our in-depth reviews. Know what you’re looking for? Click the ‘Visit’ button to go straight to the casino and start playing!
Get a HUGE $1500 Welcome Bonus For Playing Online Slots.Betway Review
Try Jackpot City casino and get Great welcome bonus of $1600 For Playing Slots.Jackpot City Review
Check Ot the Great Variety of Slots With Spin Palace $1000 Sign-Up BonusSpin Palace Review
Leo Vegas offers $1000+222 Free Spins For Playing Great Slots GamesLeoVegas Review
Casino room offers $1300 in Welcome Bonuses for Playing Slots.Casino Room Review
Dunder Casino Offers $2000+ 200 Free Spins You Can Spend in Different Slot GamesDunder Casino Review
New Slots Releases 2017
Play Online Slots for Real Money
While free is fun, real money is even better, especially when it comes to online slots! Why? Because simply put, making a real money wager is the only way to win real money in return (and that’s what we’re here for, at the end of the day). To help you on your way to winning big, here are a couple of simple things you can do to add a few extra bucks/wagers to your casino account:
- Welcome/Sign-up Bonuses – Taking a welcome bonus gives you extra money to play your favourite games. And since most online casinos focus heavily on slots, and because slot machines usually contribute 100% towards bonus wagering requirements, playing slots is a great way to use your bonus funds. You can also find free spins as part of welcome packages at certain casinos like Casino Room and Platinum Play.
- Extra Free Spins – Canadian casino players absolutely love online slots, so a good online casino will have plenty of free spin offers as an added incentive either to get you to log in, deposit, or try a new game.
- Keep Your Winnings – Yes, with free play you don’t risk any money BUT you can’t keep any of the winnings, which is downright frustrating. By playing for real money, you get to spin AND keep all of those winnings.
- Take Advantage of Ongoing Promotions – Most online casino will offer regular players some nice extras by way of promotions. These can be match deposits, prize giveaways or, best of all, free spins on certain games. It’s worth keeping an eye out for these offers as they don’t stick around forever.
Free Spins and No-Deposit Slots
Here’s an important caveat: free spins are not the same as free online slots.
Free slots are games that can only be played in practice mode. While replicating real money play (including a fictitious bankroll), they offer no chance at winning cash prizes.
Free spins on the other hand, are limited in their number, ranging from 5-20 at a time, depending on the casino and the particular offer. Their use is also usually limited to certain games, such as Tomb Raider or Thunderstruck II. And, once their bonus restrictions/wagering requirements have been met, free spins DO offer the potential for real money winnings. It’s always a good idea to shop around a little, to see which welcome bonus or online casino offers you the most free spins – but always check the terms and conditions, as any free spins given are bound to have certain wagering requirements.
No-deposit slots are exactly what they sound like – you don’t need to make a deposit to start playing. These are also subject to a few terms and conditions, so before you get overly excited playing a no-deposit slot game, make sure to take a good look at the T&Cs.
Progressive Jackpot Slots
If you’re looking for a lucrative, life-changing seven-digit win, progressive slots are THE best choice. One of the most popular such titles in Canada, Microgaming’s acclaimed hit Mega Moolah slots, regularly creates instant millionaires. Other top progressive games include the Playtech blockbuster slot Gladiator, or the company’s new Age of the Gods series.
Play around for yourself to find your favourite progressive jackpot. And remember, some games (like Mega Moolah, mentioned above) are actually 4-in-1 progressive jackpots, which increases your chances of winning by quite a lot!
Online Mobile Slots
Mobile casinos are all the rage these days; and mobile slots are their flagship game. Pretty much all online casinos have web- or app-based versions of slot games designed for the full range of Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
- Web-based means no download is required. Simply visit the casino’s site in your mobile browser to start playing.
- A mobile app does require download, and will take up a bit of space on your mobile device. Some players, however, prefer this, as it makes access to the mobile casino easier.
- Tablet play is also an option, with most online slots casinos optimised for tablet play too.
A Glossary of Slot Terms
Like everything else about the game, the lingo that goes along with slots is pretty simple to learn. In fact, just about every slots term is entirely intuitive. But just in case you need a refresher, take a look at these most common slot terms:
- Max Bet – This is the maximum number of credits you can bet on any given machine, per spin. Most games will have a designated button marked ‘Max Bet’ to make it easier to bet the maximum amount allowed. If you want a chance at the game’s top payout, Max Bet is the way to go.
- Paylines – These are the lines on the machine, across which winning reel combinations must land.
- Line Bet – You can choose how many paylines you want to activate for each bet. Placing a Max Bet will activate all the paylines, which is what you’ll have to do to win the top prize.
- Scatter Symbols – The scatter symbol is usually one of the game’s highest paying symbols, and the key to unlocking any given game’s bonus features.
- Wild Symbol – This reel symbol often acts as a multiplier, or can serve as any given symbol to complete a winning combination.
- Multipliers – This bonus feature can be found on certain games. Hitting a multiplier will multiply your payout by up to 10x the designated amount.
- Payout – The amount you win for landing a particular winning combination.
- Paytable – The payout per winning combination is set in the paytable of each slot machine.
How We Review Our Slot Games
Like everything we do at Online Casinos Canada, we review each slot game with great care. That means, for each slot machine you read about, you can be sure we played it in both fun mode as well as real money mode; made bigger bets and smaller bets; paid attention to the payouts; checked out the paytable; and put together our overall impression of the graphics, sound and complete game play. In other words, we make sure our reviews are thorough so you can get a pretty good sense of what you’re getting into before you bet a single penny. We like to give it to you straight – after all, we’re here to help you choose a game you’ll love playing!
FAQs About Playing Slots Online
For everything slot-related which we might not have covered above, check out these frequently asked questions for all the answers you need.
FAQs About eCheck
If you’re looking for a quick escape and some good fast fun, slots are your game. With the potential for big payoffs, online slots are the perfect pastime for Canadian casino lovers, from Vancouver to St. John’s and everywhere in between!
Plus, there’s so much choice at virtually every online casino to keep you interested – and with new slots being released all the time, you’re more than likely to find something exciting to play (that is, if you’re not overwhelmed with choice).