Play This Microgaming Slots Here:
Pros and cons
- 243 winning combinations
- Great bonus features
- One of Microgaming finest video slots
- Takes time to hit the Great Hall of Spins
Players can bring down up to 2.4 million coins with a lucky enough journey through the Great Hall of Spins
- Software Providers:
- Reels: 5
- # Paylines : 4
- Slot type: Video Slot
- Jackpot type: Pooled jackpot
- Bonus Feature: yes
- Wild - reel or symbol: Thunderstruck II logo
- Scatter: Yes
- Free Spins: Yes
- Available on mobile:
How to Play Thunderstruck 2
The slot game features five reels, with 243 winning combinations and a slew of bonus features. The slot icons include a Thunderstruck II logo piece, Thor, Valkyrie, Loki, Odin, Raven, Mjolnir (Thor’s hammer), longships, and rainbow road, plus the standard 9, 10, J, Q, K and A symbols.
Players can’t change the number of paylines they play, but they can adjust the number of coins wagered per play, with coin sizes ranging from $0.30 to $15.
Winning spins can be built on combinations of any of the symbols, but there are a few special combinations player should keep an eye out for:
- The Thunderstruck II logo is a wild symbol and can be swapped in for all other symbols, except Mjolnir. When winning spins include the logo, all earnings for that spin are doubled.
- The Mjolnir symbols are key to entering the Great Hall of Spins, where players earn free spins with big multipliers. There are four levels within the Great Hall of Spins, each represented by a different character. More on that under the Special Features section.
[flash game shortcode=”flash game”]
Graphics and Sounds
Graphics: Few games are more likely to get your adrenaline flowing. The reels are easy to see and understand, and graphics for many of the characters are incredibly detailed and well designed. The background board is an ambience building icy blue color. The number and letter symbols landed as part of a winning spin are pretty cool, exploding amid a tangle of electric surges. The various characters that line the reels each have their own stunning reactions, as well, with all sorts of zooms and pans that let you know you’ve put together a winning spin.
Sounds: The sounds are the big sell here. The background music during regular gameplay is a little stale and quiet, but that only makes the transition into the Great Hall of Spins all the more exhilarating, as players are greeted by a blood-pumping guitar riff. Journeys into the Great Hall are a thing that should be celebrated and enjoyed, and even if you don’t come away with a digital pocket full of coins, you’ll at least enjoy the experience and atmosphere.
Some players — especially those who were fond of the original Thunderstruck — may be disappointed to find out there isn’t a true jackpot to be won on the Thunderstruck II slot. That doesn’t mean there aren’t big pay days to be found. Players can bring down up to 2.4 million coins with a lucky enough journey through the Great Hall of Spins, although that payday doesn’t come in one lump-sum winning, like standard jackpots.
Less Volatility: The bright side is that the Great Hall structure leads to less volatility. Players won’t have to spin dozens or hundreds of times before earning any semblance of a payday. The result is a steadier game that’s more fun to play for hours at a time.
Okay, slot games have some cool feature sometimes (e.g. The Dark Knight is featuring mini clips from the movie for some combinations), but nothing beats the Great Hall of Spins. You’ve been promised a breakdown of the Great Hall of Spins before, so here it is.
Players can earn entry into the Great Hall of Spins multiple times, and as they earn more entries, they unlock different levels within the Great Hall, each of which has its own special features.
There are four levels within the Great Hall of Free spins, each represented by a different Norse character:
- Valkyrie: Available the first four times the Great Hall is triggered, this level gives players 10 free spins.
- Loki: Triggered with five or more Great Hall entries, Loki gives out 15 free spins as well as a Wild Magic feature, which will randomly transform symbols into additional substitutes.
- Odin: Once players have entered the Great Hall 10 times, they’ll be given 20 free spins by Odin. There is also a Wild Raven feature, in with Odin’s Ravens can randomly turn symbols into 2x and 3x multiplayers.
- Thor: Lastly, there’s Thor. Triggered with 15 entries into the Great Hall, Thor gives players 25 free spins with the excellent Rolling Reels feature. Players can earn multipliers up to 5x with Rolling Reels, which can give players consecutive wins on the same spin with big rewards.