Vegas slots is a term used to refer to online slot games where the player goes against the house and not against other players. In the US, slot machines are divided into two categories, those that are more like bingo games and the Vegas style slots that most of us know and love.
Most of the popular online slots games are Vegas style slots, including progressive slots games like Mega Moolah and Major Millions and the themed video slots like Game of Thrones and The Dark Knight.
Vegas slots are known for being fast paced and fun, and because each spin is completely separate, they are determined solely on the outcome of each spin and not based on what anyone else is doing. You never know what will happen when you play Vegas slots and this, along with the potential for some huge jackpots, just adds to the thrills and excitement.
Playing Vegas Slots
There are dozens of variations on Vegas slots but all games follow the same principle. You place a bet, click to start your spin and the symbols on the reels go round. Depending on where they stop, you either win or you don’t.
Games can vary from classic 3 and 5 reel slots up to progressive jackpot games and themed video slots with complex bonus rounds and the chance to win a life-changing jackpot.
While there might not be a huge amount of strategy involved in playing those slots, there are still a few things players should know before they get started.
Symbols: There are some standard symbols that you will need to know about if you are going to play Vegas slots. For most slots, you only need to get three or five of the same symbols on consecutive reels to receive a payout but the amount you get will depend on the specific symbols or combination of symbols that are showing when the reel stops spinning.
- Multipliers: These symbols multiply your winnings so you will receive more when you get a winning combination.
- Scatters: The scatter symbols usually unlock extra prizes or bonus rounds.
- Wild symbols: The wild symbol can be substituted for any other symbol (except for a scatter symbol) to create a winning combination.
Paylines: The number of paylines is the number of potentially winning lines in a given game. Most Vegas slot games have between nine and 30 potential paylines. When you place your bet, you decide how many paylines you want to play. The more lines you play the more chances you have of winning, but the more you will have to bet.
Bonus rounds: Most Vegas slot games have special bonus rounds that can be unlocked with specific combinations of symbols and scatters. Bonus rounds can include extra free spins, hidden games and the chance to win extra jackpots.
Examples of Vegas slot games
There are hundreds of Vegas slot games out there, so you will never get bored. Most of the main casino software platforms offer a large range of different options from classic 3 or 5 reel games to progressive jackpot games and exciting themed video slots based on popular movies or TV shows.
Here are some of our favorite Vegas slot games. You can find them at many of our recommended casinos:
- Jurassic Park: Fans of the movie will love this dinosaur themed slot game. With plenty of animated effects and amazing visuals, this game is fast paced and fun with plenty of opportunities to win.
- Terminator 2: This is one of Microgaming’s most popular slot games and incorporates elements of the hit movie with some great jackpots.
- Mega Moolah: This progressive jackpot is massive and has an impressive list of winners with prizes in the multiple million-dollar range.
- Tomb Raider: Another great themed slot is tomb raider, there you can follow the adventures of explorer Lara Croft and pick up some treasure of your own. You can even practice on this game right below:
Vegas Slots are incredibly popular online and it’s easy to see why. With plenty of chances to win, some fantastic jackpots, and a massive range of different styles and themes on offer, there really is something to suit every taste. Get started playing Vegas slots today at one of our recommended casinos!