Offering online poker games since 2002, 888 Poker is today the second largest poker network around. It has all the classic games including Texas Hold’em, Omaha Hi/Lo, and 7-Card Stud. In addition to loads of Sit & Go tournaments, and the chance to play in the coveted offline 888pokerSuper Stack event circuit, we just love the new 888poker Club with daily tournaments for your chance at $100K. Add to that the option for desktop or mobile hands (both equally impressive), and the special Canadian formatted site and folks – we’ve found ourselves a winner!
As is the case at most online gaming sites, the 888 Poker welcome bonus is in fact more of a welcome package, with four distinct parts:
- Sign up and create an account: Get $88 free
- Make a first deposit and you’ll get
- A 100 percent bonus up to $400
- 7 tickets to the daily $500 Depositors’ Free tournaments
- 2 tickets to the $1,000 Depositors Free tournaments
- 1 ticket to the First Depositors’ Challenge tournament
Keep in mind, however, the 100 percent match bonus is not paid out into your account all at once, rather in $10 increments as you collect bonus points. 100 Bonus points are required to release $10 to your account. Bonus points can be earned playing poker ring games, poker tournaments, or casino games.
888 Poker welcome bonus bottom line: The welcome bonus as it’s currently formatted is a nice mix of all the elements players like. Free money for signing up, a decent sized match bonus, and the added fun of free tournament entry tickets. The system for clearing the bonus cash is a bit complicated, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not so bad.
As one of the undeniable leaders in the realm of online poker, 888 is the master of online poker games. Here you will find all the traditional games you know and love – like Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Texas Hold’em and 7-Card Stud.
In addition, you’ll find some unique game types, that you’ll only encounter at 888 Poker:
• SNAP – This is more a style of play than an actual game. Basically, as the site bills it, it’s fast-fold poker, which means you get reseated and re-dealt the instant you fold. Available for both cash games and tournaments, it’s a breathtaking way to play.
• BLAST – This one’s billed as the “ultimate jackpot sit & go experience”. Four players are seated at a table to compete for a randomly drawn prize of up to 10,000X your buy-in, determined at the start of each game. When play begins, the BLAST timer commences its countdown and when it expires, all players go all-in (automatically) until a single winner is determined – winning the big prize.
• Pokercam tables – Also called 888poker face2face you can play cash games virtually live. All that’s needed is a webcam and a seat at one of the designated Pokercam tables.
In addition to the game types, there are LOADS of tournaments on-hand, every day of the week. These include sit and go’s, MTTs, Heads Up, Free Tournaments, Satellites, Deep Stacks, live events, and more.
888 Poker mobile is renowned for its excellence. In fact, some would argue it set the standard (high) for casino mobile poker play.
For full convenience, you can choose to play either from the 888 poker app – which can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android), or via the dedicated mobile site. Both are excellent options, with the best mobile poker play I’ve found.
Seriously, 888 Poker excels at everything, and promotions are no exception. Well laid-out, you can venture over to the site’s Promotions section and check them out for yourself. You’ll find them conveniently categorized as:
• Welcome Bonus
• Hot Offers
• Ongoing Promotions
• Casino Promotions
• Invite a Friend
As for a loyalty club, 888 recently stepped away from the traditional rakeback model, and changed things up with a fantastic new 888poker Club that is based on challenges, gold tokens, free scratch cards and monthly $100K tournaments.
Phone: +350 200 41387 (from 9:00-22:00 GMT)
Live Chat: Yes
888 Poker works with over 20 payment methods. These include VISA, MasterCard, local debit cards, Entropay, NETELLER, PayPal, and Skrill.
Deposits: Quick and easy, you can deposit as soon as you take your seat at one of the virtual tables. Just go to the cashier, select your payment method, click ‘Deposit’ and boom, you’re ready to go!
Withdrawals: While the waiting time for withdrawals can be a bit longer than with deposits (as is the case at all online gaming sites), withdrawals at 888poker are relatively quick and extremely secure. Just go to the cashier, click ‘Withdrawal’, type in the amount you want and your preferred payment method – and you’re done. One thing to note (besides potential wait times), is that you can only deposit (and not withdraw) with certain payment methods which include bank transfer, Diners Card, and paysafecard.
888 Poker is one of the most popular poker networks in the world, and with good reason! It is incredibly user-friendly, stacked with excellent games, and home to a wide range of promotions – all of which are easily accessed on both desktop and mobile play. Add to that a Canadian-friendly experience (just go to the upper navigation and choose your country as “Canada” to access it) and you will quickly understand for yourself why 888 is probably our favourite online poker place.
brought to you by: Online Casinos Canada