PayPal is widely considered to be one of the safest and most reliable online payment methods. With secure and quick transactions, PayPal is ideal for processing payments at online casinos.
Canadian casino players can now choose from many high-quality online casinos which accept PayPal. These casinos save gamblers the hassle of having to research and use potentially unreliable online payment method systems.
On this page, we’ll show you how to use a PayPal casino to deposit and withdraw funds, but first, check out our list of the best PayPal casinos.
Advantages and Disadvantages of PayPal Casinos
PayPal is very easy to use. Let’s look at some of the top features you can look forward to when switching to PayPal:
- Versatility: PayPal is widely accepted at most Canadian online casinos
- Security: your financial information stays protected because PayPal uses strong levels of security
- Reputation: PayPal offers first-rate customer support which is professional and reliable
- Ease of use: PayPal has a user-friendly website which is clearly laid out and easy to navigate
- Speed: PayPal transactions are instantaneous, so no more waiting for your casino credit
- Extra bonuses: Several online casinos, such as 888.com, offer cash bonuses for players who make deposits with PayPal
- Fees for withdrawals: Some online casinos charge a small fee for making withdrawals using PayPal
- Check with your online casino to avoid any surprise charges
- Not all casinos accept PayPal: Unfortunately, not all online casinos currently accept PayPal as a banking method
- A few casinos still haven’t upgraded their banking methods to suit the modern player
How to Sign Up for a Paypal Account
- Visit https://www.paypal.com.
- Choose which type of account you want (“Personal” or “Business”).
- Enter your full name, email and password, then click on ‘Next’.
- Enter your home address and phone number.
- Confirm that you read and accepted the User Agreement.
- Click “Agree and Create Account”.
- Enter your credit card details.
Watch this PayPal Canada video for a step-by-step guide on how to sign up for your PayPal account:
You can use your PayPal account as a digital wallet which isn’t connected to credit cards or bank accounts by depositing funds. Alternatively, you can use it to process credit card transactions or bank transfers.
Depositing with PayPal
In order to fund your casino account using PayPal, it is as simple as selecting PayPal from the banking options listed there.
Follow these simple steps to make deposits with PayPal at online casinos:
- Go to the casino lobby or banking page.
- Select ‘Deposit’ and choose ‘PayPal’. Enter an amount and click on ‘Enter’ or ‘Submit’.
- You’ll then be redirected to PayPal. Make sure you don’t close the page, or your deposit won’t go through.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the transaction and you may be asked to enter your PayPal password.
- The casino will confirm your transaction and you’ll see the money in your casino account.
A few things to remember:
- Deposits should be credited to your account instantly. If this doesn’t happen, check your available bank balance to see if the funds have been withdrawn. If they have, contact your bank or the casino.
- PayPal usually requires account verification. This involves sending copies of certain documents. These may include proof of address, a government-issued ID, or a bank statement.
Withdrawing with PayPal: Withdrawing is just as straightforward as making a deposit:
- Go to the casino lobby or banking page.
- Select ‘Withdrawal’ and choose PayPal.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- You’ll be redirected to PayPal, and asked to confirm the details of your transaction, you may also be asked for your password.
- You’ll then be redirected back to the online casino page where you’ll receive confirmation of your withdrawal.
A few more things you should know when using PayPal to withdraw are:
- You’ll need to verify your account before you make your first withdrawal.
- Unfortunately, withdrawals don’t happen instantly when banking with PayPal. Since casinos need time to process withdrawal requests, it may take up to 7 business days before your transaction is completed.
- Make sure you are using an active email address since you will need to register your PayPal account to the same address.
- You can link different credit cards or bank accounts to your PayPal account to transfer funds. Make sure that the credit card you link to allows for online payments.
- Verifying your account will make the deposit and withdrawals process a lot faster. You’ll need to have at least $2 available in your account, which will be used to confirm your bank account. This amount will be refunded once the verification process is complete.
PayPal is a versatile, safe, secure and reliable payment service which caters to many different online consumers. You can use it to process credit card transactions, bank transfers or as a digital wallet.
With PayPal, you’ll find that depositing and withdrawing money is incredibly easy and straightforward. If you’re undecided on which method to use, then read our reviews of other methods on the payment methods page. We recommend using PayPal, as it’s a great way to transact at any of our recommended Canadian PayPal casinos.
FAQ about PayPal Casinos in Canada
Do I need to open a PayPal account to make casino deposits?
Some online casinos require you to use a PayPal account. Creating an account is easy and straightforward; just visit paypal.com to get started.