Home ❯ Skrill Casinos
As of January 2014, Skrill is no longer an available payment method for Canadian gamblers. The decision was made by Skrill after the company conducted an internal review of its operations and put an end to one of Canada’s most preferred banking methods.
Where did Skill go?
The move has left many Canadian players wondering what happened, and confusion abounds as to why the company made the decision. There are no significant legislative developments in Canadian gambling that may scare the e-wallet off.
Just last month, Skrill received approval to serve as a chief banking method for New Jersey’s growing online gambling market, raising speculation that Skrill abandoned the Canadian market in part to achieve legal status in the U.S.
Alternative payment methods
For Canadian gamblers, none of that matters as much as deciding on another banking method. Here are just a few attractive payment methods we can recommended to Canadian players:
- Credit Cards: Using Visa or Mastercard can be a great way to make deposits, although the processing times for withdrawals can be a little longer than other methods
- PayPal: This is a fine method for many gamblers, especially those who wish to use an e-wallet that’s also designed for non-gambling sites. Though it’s not as widely accepted as some of the other e-wallets, it is a trustworthy source that’s easy to use.See our page on casinos accepting PayPal for more
- Instadebit: This method is designed specifically for Canadian players, ensuring quick transactions without the headaches that using international e-wallets can cause. See our page on casinos accepting Instadebit for more
- Neteller: Next to Skrill, Neteller has long been one of the most popular banking methods available. The e-wallet is accepted at just about all online casinos and is a safe, secure method for transferring money in and out of casinos
- PaySafeCard: like a gift card or store coupon, is a simple and safe prepaid payment method that allows you to make payments online without the use of a bank account or credit card
- Wire transfer: Simply add the casino as a beneficiary to your online banking profile or visit the bank teller to transfer funds and purchase casino credits