Home ❯ William Hill Sports
William Hill Sports
William Hill was established in 1934 and has built a reputation as the premier online sportsbook for Canadian players. They boast a large range of both major and minor sports, and when there are no games on, players can wager on virtual sports.
In addition to a state of the art website that is easy to navigate, and allows players to quickly find the bets they want, William Hill also has an app for Apple and Android devices that gives players exclusive promotions.
When Canadian players create an account at the William Hill sportsbook, they can receive a 100% matched first deposit bonus of up to $100.
In order to redeem this bonus, players must make an initial deposit of at least $10, and it is for new players only. The bonus money also cannot be transferred to any other William Hill product (poker, online casino, Live Casino, or Day Trader).
In order to redeem, withdraw, or transfer your bonus money, you must meet the following wager requirements:
- Wager the initial deposit plus the bonus 4x with at least 4 different odds of -200 or greater
- Multiple bets are OK, as long as the total odds of every bet is -200 or greater
- Horse and dog racing do not count
- You have 90 days to meet these requirements or the bonus will be removed from your account
A 100% matched bonus of up to $100 is nice, but William Hill isn’t going to be pulling players just from the bonus alone. They rely heavily on their reputation as one of the oldest and most well-respected sportsbooks in the industry to draw players to their site.
A lot of action – If you want a lot of action, then the William Hill sportsbook is perfect for you. Boasting markets in a wide range of sports from major games such as hockey, American football, soccer, and basketball to horse racing and greyhounds. You can also find a great section of the smaller, more localised sports such as hurling, martial arts, MMA, darts, and more.
Virtual sports bet– If you are looking to get in on the action when there are no games being played, have no fear, at William Hill you can also bet on virtual sports. There are virtual soccer games kicking off every couple of minutes, as well as virtual horse racing, greyhounds, tennis, and other options. While the action may not be real, the outcomes are generated by a random number generator and players get the same great odds that they’ve come to expect from William Hill.
Variety of platforms– In November 2008, William Hill began using software from PlayTech. This partnership allowed William Hill to function seamlessly on a variety of platforms, including online, mobile, and telebetting. Another added advantage is that there is no software to download, meaning you can make all your bets directly from the main website, which is constantly being updated with the latest scores and odds.
William Hill has all the sports betting options that you would expect from one the largest sportsbooks in the world. Players can bet on all of the different markets, including live in-play bets, for all the sports offered at William Hill. There is everything from spreads, lines, over/under, moneylines, periods/quarter, exotic, and prop bets.
William Hill has a great app that is available for smartphones and tablets running either Android or iOS, so you’re always close to the action. You can access all the same bets and enjoy the same great odds that are available on the website, but with some added features exclusive for mobile users.
Some of the features are:
- More in-play markets than any other mobile sportsbook
- Bet live in-running on a wide range of sporting events
- Exclusive horse race betting options
- No downtime – you can bet on virtual sports, with matches starting every few minutes.
- Quickly access other William Hill products such as the online casino and bingo
The William Hill sports app has a fully integrated account management page that allows players to make deposits and withdraw money without any hassle. Players can use credit/debit cards, e-wallet and process bank transfers. The amount of time that it takes for a withdrawal will vary depending on which is your preferred method.
If you have any questions or issues with your account while on the mobile app, you are never more than a click or call from speaking with a customer service rep who should be able to help you out.
Unlike most online sportsbooks, William Hill doesn’t seem to be very big on promotions, with 2 exceptions:
First Bet Bonus – Your account will be credited with a matching free bet of up to $25 exclusive mobile promotions– In an effort to increase downloads of their mobile apps, there are several exclusive mobile promotions:
- Bore Draw – is a money back guarantee, up to $50, that will refund your bets in 0-0 soccer games. The money is returned to you in the form of a free bet.
- Goal Scorers Second Chance – If you bet on a player scoring the first goal, but they do score the second goal, you will have the money returned to you to be used as a free bet.
- 5 game accumulator – If you are betting an accumulator on 5 or more games, and you come up one game short of winning, William Hill will refund your money in the form of a free bet.
- Winning Distance – If your horse is a clear winner in the race, you can win extra bonus money. The bonus varies by how big of a margin the horse wins by. For example, if the horse wins by 10 lengths, you get a 10% bonus.
- Phone: 24/7 Phone support
- Chat: Live chat
- Email: [email protected]
Payment– William Hill has been operating online since the late 90’s, so it’s safe to say that they have the payment systems down pat. They accept a wide variety of payment methods for both withdrawals and deposits.
Deposit– Among the many deposit options, one of the most popular methods for Canadian players is InstaDebit, an e-wallet solution that was built for Canadians. William Hill also accepts Visa/Mastercard, bank transfers, Click2Pay, UseMyBank, PayPal, Skrill, and several other e-wallet options.
Withdrawal– The withdrawal options include: Visa, Bank Transfer, Cheque, Neteller, and additional E-wallet options. One of the best withdrawal options for Canadian players is PayPal, which is quick and easy. The withdrawal process is usually pretty quick, depending on which payment method you choose, it can range from a few hours to over a week until the money is in your account.
There is a lot to like about the William Hill Sportsbook, tons of markets on nearly every sport imaginable with great odds, a great mobile app and customer service that is considered among the best in the industry.