Welcome to our William Hill review! Originally a sportsbook, William Hill has become a top operator in the world of online casinos thanks to its great bonuses, an extensive selection of live dealer games, and a fast mobile app.
I signed up to William Hill to prove their claims and reviews are real or just marketing buzz. Here’s what I found!
|Brand Name:||William Hill|
|Operated By:||HG (International) Limited|
|Languages:||English, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, French|
|Jurisdictional Licences:||Gibraltar Regulatory Authority|
|Casino Platforms:||Web HTML5|
|Casino Technology:||Android, iOS, Desktop|
|Online Slot Providers:||Playtech, Gamesys, Microgaming, NetEnt, and more...|
|Live Dealer Providers:||Evolution Gaming|
William Hill Casino Review in a Nutshell: My Verdict + Ratings
We reviewed every important aspect of William Hill Casino to determine its ratings. Here you have how well it scores, along with my verdict.
My Verdict about William Hill Casino: Should you sign up with this casino?
I’ve tried William Hill for sports betting and it was excellent, and I’m glad to say that I think the same about its online casino. Unlike other online casinos in Canada, it provides a balanced selection of slots, table games, and live casino games – no special focus for any. Over 300 games for you that don’t just circle around slots!
William Hill Casino has the real “English taste” – it’s different from your typical slots-focused casino. I love slots, but I also like to play table games and live casino, and William Hill makes it easy for me.
Overall, I can recommend William Hill Casino. It’s a legit casino with lots of games, great promos and fast payouts. If you’d like to try it, then click the button below to join it today!
- Over 300 games from the top suppliers in the industry (NetEnt, Microgaming, Betsoft, etc.)
- Welcome bonus with easy-to-fulfill requirements
- Fast, practical and full of games mobile app
- Excellent refer-a-friend program
- 100% Fair Play and Legal thanks to its IBAS certification + license by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner
- Website is divided in 3 casinos that might make navigation a bit problematic at first
- No BTC/crypto deposits or withdrawals
- Lack of enough withdrawal methods
How to sign up to William Hill Casino in easy steps
Are you ready to join William Hill Casino in Canada? Here’s how to do it in simple steps:
- Go to the official William Hill website
- Click the yellow button that says “Join” – on the upper right corner
- Fill out all the important information such as your name, birth date, email and phone, etc. Then, click the “continue” button
- Create a unique username, password, and security question. Then, select your currency (Canadian dollars), limits, and insert your promo code to claim the welcome bonus of your choice
- Click the “Agree and Join” button to create your account
- Go to your email inbox to find the email by William Hill Canada, to click the link to verify your account.
Now you have an active William Hill Casino account – ready for you to make your first deposit, claim your welcome bonus and start winning!
The Full William Hill Review 2021: A Complete Analysis
Here’s the main part of our William Hill Casino review, where we let you know absolutely everything about it, by using our exclusive process.
Legality & Licensing
William Hill has been a recognized brand since 1934, but do they possess the necessary licenses to operate legally in Canada as an online casino? Yes! Because they’ve been licensed by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner (RGL no. 034 & 042), which enables them to operate legally in the country.
Furthermore, they’ve also been licensed by the following regulatory bodies:
- Nevada Gaming Commission (USA)
- UK Gambling Commission (Number: 000-039225 R-319373-011)
- Agenzia Dogane e Monopolio di Stato
Therefore, I can recommend William Hill Casino because it’s 100% legal, and hence, your rights will be protected. Now that the online casino has passed the first quality filter, let’s check its online reputation and history.
Casino’s Reputation & History
To start with, the William Hill Casino is owned by WHG (International) Limited Casinos – one of the most reputable groups in the industry. William Hill started as a telephone betting service in 1934, and had to wait until 1961 to open its first betting shop when they became legal. Nowadays, they operate 2,300 physical betting shops. Therefore, William Hill Casino is a real business backed by a robust history.
That’s a good start, but I’ve done a lot more to determine whether it’s a good idea to play at William Hill or not.
First, I started by reading customers’ reviews on important forums like AskGamblers. I found that the majority of people praise how quick William Hill pays out, the use of licensed software, great quality of promos, as well as a well-balanced variety of casino games.
However, I also noted that some customers complained about slow KYC procedures. I experienced it too, but they finally verified my account in a little more than 24 hours, and I won’t have to undergo them again. This is something that William Hill should work on, to add extra points to its online reputation.
I also took the work to see the official percentage of complaints filed against William Hill. Unlike other casinos, William Hill uses IBAS (Betting Adjudication Service), and according to their Sustainability Report 2020, only 3.44% of the claims were found in the customer’s favour. It means that William Hill really treats its customers fairly and openly.
Other than that, William Hill Casino conducts its business in an honest and clean way, which has helped it to build a solid reputation amongst Canadians, and I can agree with that!}
Now that it’s clear that William Hill is reputable in Canada, let’s check its Terms and Conditions, another critical factor.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions dictate your rights and limits when playing at an online casino. So, does William Hill Casino have fair terms and conditions? Here are the results of my review.
William Hill Casino prohibits the same activities that most online casinos forbid such as creating multiple accounts, hedge betting, using VPNs, using false information when signing up, exploiting loopholes, etc. Any infraction of this kind will bring William Hill the absolute right to close your account.
It’s also important to note the following:
“5.5.4 any winnings which You have accrued during such time when You were under the Relevant Age will be forfeited by You (and may be deducted from the amount of any deposit returned under paragraph 5.5.3) and You will return to us on demand any such funds which have been withdrawn from Your Account.”
They will literally block all of your winnings and only return deposits, if you happen to violate an important clausule such as lying about your age. Therefore, always use real information and only play online if you’re an adult.
Other than that, William Hill is pretty reasonable. They are only strict when it comes to users that use false information, but they remain as one of online casinos with the fairest terms and conditions.
Overall, William Hill is less restrictive and stringent than other online casinos in Canada. They give you plenty of freedom and space, and that’s something that will keep me coming to play at William Hill. You’ll notice this especially in the next section, where we discuss the T&C of the welcome bonus.
Bonuses & Offers
William Hill Casino brings the “English taste” to Canada because it’s simple yet elegant in its bonuses and promos. The main offer is a 100% match up to $300 welcome bonus for casino games.
Now, it looks small in comparison to the welcome bonuses from other online casinos in Canada, but it has unique benefits:
- The wagering requirement is x40 – which is lower than the standard x50-x70+ from other online casinos in Canada
- Table games like poker, baccarat, and blackjack have a higher contribution rate (20%) towards meeting the wagering requirements
- Wider selection of games to unlock your bonus.
Here’s how each game contributes towards meeting the wagering requirements of the welcome bonus:
|Game||Contribution Rate for the Wagering Requirements|
|Slots (excluding Wild Gambler and Wild Gambler 2: Arctic Adventure, Football Rules, which only have a weighting of 25%)||100%|
|Pai Gow (applicable to all the varieties)||25%|
|Casino Hold’em (applicable to all the varieties at William Hill Casino)||25%|
|Double options on Video Poker and slots||0%|
I didn’t include roulette games because William Hill has special rules for them. The contribution rate will depend on the risk of your bets. Here’s how the online casino structures it:
|Level of Risk||Range of table coverage||Contribution Rate|
|High Risk||0% to 25%||50%|
|Medium Risk||25.1% to 48%||25%|
|Low Risk||48.1% to 100%||0%|
If you opt for playing roulette games, then I’d recommend you to stick to single-zero versions because you will reduce the house edge, and hence, have higher chances at winning and unlocking the bonus.
Stay away from bets that cover 48.1% or more of the table because they won’t count towards unlocking the bonus. All in all, make sure that your risk and funds management is on point, to make riskier bets that will contribute towards the wagering requirements.
I really like how William Hill brings more weight to table games than a big number of online casinos. I love slots, but let’s be honest: it’s easier to win playing games like blackjack, where you can follow a strategy and the house edge is smaller (as low as 0.5%).
Despite being small, I really like their welcome bonus and I’m sure that you will like it too, since you have big and real possibilities of unlocking it.
But the offers don’t stop here – you can take advantage of the following promos at William Hill Casino:
- Refer a Friend: You receive $50 per every friend that you refer and makes a valid deposit
- Comp Points: You will receive exchangeable points per every $10 that you referees wage at William Hill Casino
You can also claim the sportsbook bonus at William Hill sportsbook – to build a robust bankroll with a small wagering requirement of x8 – one of the best offers in the market!
I will be honest with you and say that I expected a bit more slot games, but that’s because I love slots and I’m used to Canadian online casinos that offer 500+ of them, with a much smaller number of table games such as blackjack, poker, baccarat, etc. But even then, William Hill Casino nailed it with 300+ games – a sweet spot between quality and quantity.
Here’s a list of the games you can find at William Hill Casino:
- Slots such as Gonzo’s Quest, Book of Dead, Buffalo Blitz, etc.
- Pai Gow
- Casino Hold’em
- Video Poker
- Lucky Wheel
- Blackjack Switch
- Casino War
- Scratch Cards
- Live casino games (roulette, blackjack, baccarat, etc.)
As you can see, there’s a lot of variety, and that’s what I like. Unlike other casinos that exclusively focus on slots, William Hills brings you a nice balance with an English taste.
Overall, I have to rate it high because I like what they offer. Especially since the mobile app is so efficient, you can enjoy all the games at their fullest!
Sports Betting at William Hill
William Hill started as a sportsbook so you also can bet on your favorite sports, especially football and horse racing, which are the main dishes at this online casino. Here’s what their sportsbook offers you:
- It brings you 31 sports including tennis, horse racing, football, basketball and MMA
- You can bet on eSports – Dota2, Fortnite, CS:GO, etc.
- You can bet on big events like the Olympic Games, FIFA World CUP, UEFA, Super Bowl, NBA, etc.
- It brings you betting options that we, Canadians, love: spreads, lines, over/under, money lines, periods/quarter, exotic, and prop bets
- Big welcome bonuses for sports betting as well as regular promos
- Competitive odds for the majority of events.
To be honest, I don’t bet on sports other than the occasional MMA (mainly UFC) or boxing match, since these are my favorite. But even then, William Hill is an excellent choice since it brings you excellent odds, great bonuses and a great market of sports and betting options.
I’ll go straight to the point: I loved using the mobile app by William Hill Casino. Now, I’ll explain why.
The mobile app is available on iOS and Android, and with a size of only 7.8 MB, it doesn’t occupy much space and it runs fast, so it makes the user experience perfect. You can play slots, roulette, blackjack, poker, and even live casino games where you can interact with the dealers.
If you’ve read my previous reviews, you probably already know that I love playing on mobile, and the mobile app by William Hill Casino fits the bill perfectly. The games run fast, it’s easy to search and find your favorite games or relevant sections, and on top of that, it’s easy to get online support.
The mobile website is fully responsive and runs on HTML5, so you can play without downloading anything. I tested it on my current Samsung A50, but also a smaller and older Samsung J3 and the games run just fine!
We also tested it with an iPhone 10, iPhone 7 and iPhone 5, and the website ran perfectly. We didn’t experience lags, so the gaming is on point for both iOS and Android!
Loyalty Points & V.I.P Program
Does William Hill reward your loyalty? It does thanks to its V.I.P program and here you have all the details and benefits it brings you.
The V.I.P program is tiered in different levels:
The more you wager, the higher you will climb, and you will receive exclusive exchange rates for your com points. For example, if you become a Silver member, then you will be able to exchange 90 comp points for C$1 – as opposed to new members that need to exchange 100 comp points to obtain C$1.
At William Hill, the exclusive invitation-only program receives the name of William Hill Casino Club, where you can get the following benefits:
- V.I.P account management
- Better comp points exchange rate
- Bespoke bonuses, promos and offers
- Access to world-class events
- And more…
However, you can only join it via invitation. The more you place, the higher your chances of getting in!
William Hill offers a wide myriad of Canadian payment methods. Be it bank transfers, Visa, MasterCard, Skrill, Neteller, iDebit, etc. William Hill has them all. I like online casinos that bring you lots of freedom for depositing but there’s a catch for withdrawing your funds – here’s what you need to know.
|Deposit Method||Processing Time||Limits|
|Bank Transfers||Instant||Min. C$10|
|Withdrawal Method||Processing Time||Limits|
|Visa||1-3 business days||Min. C$10|
|MasterCard||1-3 business days||Min. C$10|
|PayPal||1 business day||Min. C$10|
|WebMoney||2 business days||Min. C$10|
|InstaDebit||1 business day||Min. C$10|
|iDebit||1 business day||Min. C$10|
|EcoPayz||1 business day||Min. C$10|
|Bank Transfer||2-5 business days||Min. C$10|
The only thing I criticize here is that they lack enough withdrawal methods, and this is something that William Hill needs to address as soon as possible.
Being the serious online casino it is, William Hill is 100% compromised with your safety. Therefore, they use the following online security protocols and measures to protect you online:
- It has an SSL certificate issued by HydrantID (Avalanche Cloud Corporation), one of the most reputable online security firms in the industry
- The SSL certificate uses an advanced RSA Encryption system that protects all communications at William Hill Casino
- William Hill owns the VeriSign badge, which proves it’s a secure online casino
Therefore, you can play safely here. You will be shielded against hackers and attackers. Unfortunately, they didn’t disclose the technology they’re using to protect their website against DDoS attacks, but they’ve not had such incidents in their record.
Is William Hill Casino fair? I’ve found that yes, due to the following reasons:
- Fair software suppliers: William Hill only used audited, licensed and reputable software suppliers such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Betsoft, etc. All of which have been proven to be fair because the RNG (Random Number Generator) of their games works properly. eCOGRA – one of the most reputable auditing firms – has confirmed it.
- IBAS certification: William Hill is a registered operator at IBAS (Betting Adjudication Service), which proves that it’s a legal, regulated and fair online casino
- Proven payout rate: According to the last reports by Gaming Laboratories International (GLI), the games at William Hill have a payout rate of 96.05%, which is respectable and fair.
On top of that, William Hill is compromised with responsible gambling because they bring you tools to control your spending:
- Deposit limits: You can set up daily/weekly/monthly deposit limits, so you can control how much money you’re spending gaming online at William Hill
- Timeouts: William Hill brings you the Timeout Option, which freezes your account anywhere from 1 day up to 6 weeks, so you can get a rest from online gaming
- Tracking time: William Hill brings you a tool to automatically remind you how much time you’re spending at the online casino. This way you can accurately measure how many hours you’re investing into online gaming
- Account restrictions: You can also set up specific restrictions, so you don’t have access to sections like the Poker, Bingo or Live Casino
- Self-exclusion: If you ever feel that gambling is damaging your life, you can contact William Hill’s customer support service to assist you further. This way you will exclude yourself from the casino, so you can recover.
Furthermore, they have a full page dedicated to helping you if you ever face issues with gambling. You will find links to communities and official resources where you can get further assistance.
In conclusion, I rate William Hill as fair and responsible, and I’d definitely recommend you to play here.
How good is the customer support service at William Hill? I tested it, and here’s what I experienced when using their different customer care channels:
- Email: They replied to my email in 45 minutes approx. and they gave me a detailed answer that didn’t require me to keep emailing them. Straight to the point, which proves that they have an efficient customer support team
- Phone: You can tell that they’re native English speakers, and that makes the customer service much easier. Furthermore, they solved my issue in 5 minutes because they explained to me the wagering requirements in a direct fashion. Good for William Hill!
- Live chat: I contacted their live chat support at 02:00 A.M to see if it’s truly 24/7, and fortunately, it was the case. I asked some simple questions about games, bonuses and promos, and they replied in a simple manner that left everything clear.
All in all, William Hill is excellent when it comes to customer support service. I was satisfied because it took me minimal effort to get the answers I was looking for, and that’s what we all want!
The only thing I’d add is a proper Knowledge Base! None of the last 5 casinos I reviewed offer a knowledge base, so that’s something to improve.
Here you have the customer support contact info:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone (toll-free): 00800 3551 3551
- Live chat: https://williamhill-lang.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch
I won’t lie to you, I liked William Hill Casino! I enjoyed my time reviewing it because it’s an elegant casino with strong benefits such as an easy-to-unlock bonus, a great selection of games, an excellent mobile app and a truly effective customer support service.
Therefore, I can recommend it to you with total confidence.
FAQ about William Hill in Canada
Is William Hill legal in Canada?
William Hill is fully enabled to operate legally in Canada because it’s been licensed by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner (RGL no. 034 & 042). According to Canadian law, any online casino licensed by a competent regulatory body can function in the country, and that’s the case for William Hill.
How long does William Hill take to payout?
It will take anywhere from a few hours up to 1-3 business days. It depends on the payment method you choose, being digital wallets the fastest such as PayPal, and eChecks the slowest.
Is William Hill reliable?
William Hill has an impeccable record since it’s owned by WHG, one of the leading groups in the industry. On top of that, 96.56% of the claims filed against the online casino (2020) have been won by William Hill according to IBAS. Therefore, it’s a reliable casino that you can trust.
Can I play with Bitcoin at William Hill Casino?
No, William Hill Casino doesn’t accept Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.
Does William Hill accept Canadian dollars?
Yes, William Hill Casino accepts Canadian dollars. You only have to select it as your currency during the sign-up process.